Effective Date: May 25, 2018
WOW Influence (by ShoutOut Ltd.; “WOW“, “we“, “our” or “us“) provides an all-in-one platform for scouting, management, and measurement of Influencer Marketing campaigns.
Our platform allows advertisers and brand marketers (each, a “Brand“) to find and engage with the most relevant social media influencers (each, an “Influencer“), and to manage their campaigns through Influencers’ social media channels (each, a “Social Channel“). Similarly, our platform allows Influencers to engage with Brands and monetize their reach and influence over their audience.
We also maintain and operate the website wowinfluence.com, its subdomains and its related features (the “Site“, and together with the WOW Influence platform – the “Services“).
This Privacy Notice describes the personal data we receive or collect whenever someone visits our Site (a “Visitor“), creates an account and uses the Services on behalf of a Brand (a “Brand User“) or as an Influencer, or subscribes to, follows or otherwise interacts with an Influencer’s Social Channel (a “Follower“).
It also describes how and for which purposes we may use such data, where we store and for how long we retain the data, with whom we may share it, our use of tracking technologies and communications, our security practices, your choices and rights (as an Influencer, Brand User, Follower or Visitor – “you“) regarding such data, our policy concerning children, and how to contact us if you have any concerns regarding this Notice or your privacy.
Please read this Notice and make sure that you fully understand and agree to it.
If you do not agree to this Notice, please discontinue and avoid using our Services.
You are not legally required to provide us with any Personal Data, but without it, we will not be able to provide you with the full range or with the best experience when using our Services.
1. Data Collection
We collect Personal Data regarding Brand Users, Influencers, and their Followers, as well as data regarding Visitors to our Site. Such data is typically collected and generated through your interaction with our services, through Influencers’ Social Channels, through automatic means or directly from you.
Specifically, we collect four main categories of data (which, if it could be used to identify a specific person, or is linked to such identifying data, we will deem it as “Personal Data“):
- Data automatically collected or generated: when someone visits, interacts with or uses our Services, including any e-mail or text messages sent to them via our Services, we may collect or generate certain technical data about them. We collect or generate such data either independently or with the help of third-party services (as detailed in Section 4 below), including through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies (as further detailed in Section 5 below).
Such data mainly consists of connectivity, technical and aggregated usage data, such as IP addresses, non-identifying data regarding a device, operating system, and browser, and user activity on our Services. It does not enable us to learn a person’s true identity or contact details and serves mostly so we could better understand how our users typically use our Services and how we could improve their user experience, to optimize our marketing campaigns and ad management, and the overall performance of our Services.
- Data received from you: you may provide us Personal Data such as your name, workplace and position, contact details (such as e-mail, phone and address, account login details (such as usernames and hashed passwords) (collectively, “Account Data“), as well as any other data you choose to provide when you use our Services, create a user account or contact us.
Brand Users and Influencers may provide us additional Account Data such as their billing details, business needs, and preferences. To the extent that such Account Data concerns a non-human entity (e.g., the bank account of a company or business), we will not regard it as “Personal Data” and this Notice shall not apply to it.
- Data received or generated from Social Channels: When an Influencer creates a user account on our Services, they may grant us authorization to view, collect and use Personal Data stored on their selected accounts on Social Channels.
Such data can include the Influencer’s profile details such as name, e-mail, phone, address, date of birth, gender, sexual orientation, locale and language, profile image, bio description, pages they like and manage, statistics regarding the posts, comments and engagements on their Social Channels.
Similarly, Influencers may also grant the same authorizations to Brand Users they engage with via our Services. Such authorization is determined by each Influencer, and WOW will not be responsible for any subsequent use of such Influencer’s data by Brand Users or anyone else.
- Youtube specific information
- For YouTube, we collect the information by using YouTube APIs client that is using YouTube API Services
- For YouTube we collect the following data (including from API Data): Channel and video analytics including audience demographics (Gender, Age, Country, Language), Number of views, likes, and dislikes metrics and comments. Other data the platform may collect includes: video titles, descriptions, tags and channel subscriptions
- Followers Data: Once an Influencer grants us authorization to view and collect data via their Social Channels, we may also collect and process their Followers’ User IDs on the relevant Social Channel, and publicly available data regarding their Followers’ interests on such Social Channel. This data is collected on our Influencers’ behalf, in order to provide them with details, statistics, and insights regarding their Followers, and to optimize their engagements with Brands who are looking to market to individuals with similar characteristics.
2. Data Uses
We use your Personal Data as necessary for the performance of our Services; for complying with applicable law; and based on our legitimate interests in maintaining and improving our Services and offerings, understanding how our Services are used, optimizing our marketing, customer service and support operations, and protecting and securing our users, ourselves and our Services.
Specifically, we use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate, operate, and provide our Services;
- To authenticate the identity of our Influencers and Brand Users, and to allow them access to our Services;
- To provide our Visitors, Influencers and Brand Users with assistance and support;
- To further develop, customize and improve the Services and your user experience, based on common or personal preferences, experiences and difficulties;
- To contact our Visitors, our Influencers and Brand Users, with general or personalized service-related messages (such as password-retrieval or billing); to contact our Visitors, Influencers and Brand Users with promotional messages (such as newsletters, webinars, new features etc.); and to facilitate, sponsor and offer certain events and promotions;
- To support and enhance our data security measures, including for the purposes of preventing and mitigating the risks of fraud, error or any illegal or prohibited activity;
- To create aggregated statistical data, inferred non-personal data or anonymized or pseudonymized data (rendered non-personal), which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services; and
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
- YoutTube Specific information
- For Youtube specific uses of the data we collect are:
- Presenting the channel-specific performance including the number of subscriptions, views, likes, comments and audience demographics like age, gender, countries, and devices. We also derive data out of this information like engagements and languages
- In case of collaboration between users of WOW influence platform, the platform uses the data about the video to present specific information about all related metrics to the video as specified above
- For Youtube specific uses of the data we collect are:
3. Data Location & Retention
Data Location: Your Personal Data may be maintained, processed and stored by WOW and our authorized affiliates and Service Providers in the United States of America and other jurisdictions, as necessary for the proper delivery of our Services, or as may be required by law.
ShoutOut Ltd. is based in a jurisdiction which is considered by the European Commission to be offering an adequate level of protection for the Personal Data of EU Member State residents. While privacy laws may vary between jurisdictions, WOW, its affiliates and Service Providers are each committed to protect Personal Data in accordance with this Notice and industry standards, regardless of any lesser legal requirements that may apply in their jurisdiction.
Data Retention: We keep Influencers’ and Brand Users’ Personal Data for as long as their account is active or we consider necessary for the purposes described in this Notice.
We keep Visitor Personal Data for as long as we reasonably need it in order to maintain and expand our relationship further and to provide them with our Services.
We will also keep and use such Personal Data for as long as is required in order to comply with our legal and contractual obligations, or to protect ourselves from any potential disputes (i.e., as required by laws applicable to records and bookkeeping, as necessary for allowing the Influencers or Brand Users you engaged with via our Services to meet their own obligations or legitimate needs, and in order to have proof and evidence concerning our relationship, should any legal issues arise following your discontinuance of use), in accordance with our Data Retention Policy. If you have any questions about our Data Retention Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
4. Data Sharing
Legal Compliance: We may disclose or allow government and law enforcement officials access to certain Personal Data, in response to a subpoena, search warrant or court order (or similar requirement), or in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Such disclosure or access may occur if we have a good faith belief that we are legally compelled to do so, or that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing.
Service Providers: We may engage selected third party companies and individuals to perform services complementary to our own (e.g. hosting and server co-location services, data analytics services, marketing and advertising services, data and cyber security services, fraud detection and prevention services, payment processing services, user engagement services, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, session recording, and our business, legal and financial advisors) (collectively, “Service Providers“). These Service Providers may have access to your Personal Data, depending on each of their specific roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing our Services, and may only use it for such purposes.
Third Party Integrations: The Services may allow you to integrate with certain third-party services, in which case you will be bound by the terms of service and privacy notices of said third parties – so please make sure you read and accept them. We do not receive or store your passwords for any of these third-party services.
Sharing Brand Users Personal Data with their Brand: We may share the Personal Data of Brand Users with their Brand organization (including data and communications concerning their Services user account). In such cases, sharing such data means that other individuals from your Brand may receive it on its behalf, and will be able to monitor, process and analyze your Personal Data and associated content. Please note that WOW is not responsible or controls any further disclosure, use or monitoring by or on behalf of your Brand.
Sharing Influencers data with marketers: We may share the data we collect from 3rd party integrations as well as public data we gather with marketers for sole purpose of use of the platform features and for no other use outside of it. By agreeing to this policy you give your specific consent to any other agent of the brand to see the data gathered and use it for the sole purpose of the platform use
Protecting Rights and Safety: We may share your Personal Data with others if we believe in good faith that this will help protect the rights, property or personal safety of WOW, any of our users or any members of the general public.
ShoutOut Ltd. Subsidiaries and Affiliated Companies: We may share Personal Data internally within our family of companies, for the purposes described in this Notice. In addition, should ShoutOut Ltd. or any of its affiliates undergo any change in control, including by means of merger, acquisition or purchase of substantially all of its assets, your Personal Data may be shared with the parties involved in such event. If we believe that such change in control might materially affect your Personal Data then stored with us, we will notify you of this event and the choices you may have via e-mail or a prominent notice on our Services.
For the avoidance of doubt, WOW may share your Personal Data in additional manners, pursuant to your explicit approval, or if we are legally obligated to do so, or we have successfully rendered such data non-personal and anonymous. We may transfer, share or otherwise use non-personal data in our sole discretion and without the need for further approval.
5. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Our Services and some of our Service Providers utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies which help us provide, secure and improve our Services, personalize your experience and monitor the performance of our activities and campaigns.
A “cookie” is a small text file that is used, for example, to collect data about activity on our Site. Some cookies and other technologies serve to recall Personal Data, such as an IP address, previously indicated by the user. While we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser or mobile application, most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
Service Communications: we may contact you with important information regarding our Services. For example, we may notify you (through any of the means available to us) of changes or updates to our Services, billing issues, service changes, password-retrieval notices, etc. You will not be able to opt-out of receiving such service communications.
Notifications and Promotional Communications: we may send you notifications concerning messages and other updates in your user account (such as messages or payments received from other users). We may also send you notifications about new features, offerings, events and special opportunities or any other information we think our users will find valuable. We may provide such notices through any of the contacts means available to us (e.g. phone, mobile or e-mail), through the Services, or through our marketing campaigns on any other sites or platforms.
If you wish not to receive such promotional communications, you may notify WOW at any time by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the “unsubscribe”, “stop” or “change e-mail preferences” instructions contained in the promotional communications you receive.
7. Data Security
In order to protect your Personal Data held with us and our Service Providers, we are using industry-standard physical, procedural and electronic security measures. However, please be aware that regardless of any security measures used, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of any Personal Data stored with us or with any third parties as described in Section 4 above.
8. Data Subject Rights
If you wish to exercise your rights under the applicable law (e.g. the EU GDPR) to request access to and rectification or erasure of your Personal Data held with WOW, or to port such Personal Data – please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that once you contact us by e-mail, we may require additional information and documents, including certain Personal Data, in order to authenticate and validate your identity and to process your request. Such additional data will be then retained by us for legal purposes (e.g. so we have proof of the identity of the person submitting the request), in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
9. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not designed to attract children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children and do not wish to do so. If we learn that a child is using the Services, we will prohibit and block such use and will make all efforts to promptly delete any Personal Data stored with us with regard to such child.
If you believe that we might have any such data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Additional Notices
Updates and amendments: We may update and amend this Notice from time to time by posting an amended version of our Services. The amended version will be effective as of the published effective date. We will provide a 10-days’ prior notice if any substantial changes are involved, via any of the communication means available to us, or on the Services. After this notice period, all amendments shall be deemed accepted by you.
External links: While our Services may contain links to other websites or services, we are not responsible for their privacy practices, and encourage you to pay attention when you leave our Services and to read the privacy notices of each and every website and service you visit. This Notice applies only to our Services.
Questions, Concerns or Complaints: If you have any comments or questions about this Privacy Notice or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Revoke and de-authorize of social account: If you wish to revoke and/or de-authorize the permission WOW Influence have with regards to your social networks, you can do so in two ways:
- By going to your account settings in the platform, under the profile tab, “on the web” section and de-authorize the specific social network
- By going to the access rights management of the specific social network:
- For YouTube, you can find more details on https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions